Ground turkey stuffed peppers (21 DAY FIX)
This 21-day fix recipe will leave your taste buds tingling and is a great quick and easy for mid week cooking. I always make extra for lunches during the week. 21 day fix per serving as seen in pic… 1red, 1green, 1yellow and 1 blue
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 6 peppers sliced in half the long way
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 jar prego meat sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup white rice, quinoa or brown rice
- Put chopped onion in pan with olive oil and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey, garlic powder, and onion powder, cook until turkey is fully cooked.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add cooked rice and half the jar of sauce to the turkey and mix well.
- Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with sauce and place peppers in dish.
- Fill each pepper with turkey and rice mixture then pour more sauce over the top. ( I always have turkey and rice mixture left over so you can adjust measurements as needed if you don’t want any extra. I freeze the leftover for the tiny humans : ))
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 until peppers are fork tender approx. 40-45mins.
- Once peppers are fully cooked remove tinfoil and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, continue to bake until cheese is melted.